Business Architecture Member Certifications
Find which BACOE Business Architecture Certification fits your needs and objectives.
There are four distinct member grades to recognize the professional accomplishments of our EACOE and BACOE members:
Recognizes those BACOE members who have demonstrated classroom performance and presentations, and successfully completed the BACOE Certification Workshop and associated modeling activities.Valid for up to two years from successful Workshop completion.
Senior Business Architect
Recognizes those BACOE members with at least 3 years of professional experience, and who have demonstrated performance that sets them apart from their peers.
- Three years continuous Architecture experience
- Five years of professional experience
- Demonstrated performance on one actual Architecture Development reviewed by BACOE
- Three recommendations from colleagues
- Valid for up to three years from the completion of the Architecture Certification Development- or upon the date of certification from BACOE
Distinguished Business Architect
Recognizes those members, with at least 5 years of professional experience that have made significant accomplishments in the Business Architecture field.
- Five years continuous Architecture experience
- Seven years of professional experience
- Demonstrated performance on three actual Architecture Developments that has been reviewed by BACOE
- Accomplishment in, or impact on the Business Architecture fields
- Four to seven recommendations from colleagues in the field. One of these recommendations must be from BACOE Members
- Valid for up to three years from the completion of the third Business Architecture Development
Business Architect Fellow
Our most prestigious membership, recognizing the top BACOE members for their outstanding accomplishments in Business Architecture.
- Seven years continuous Architecture experience
- Demonstrated performance on five actual Architecture Developments that has been reviewed by BACOE
- Outstanding accomplishments in or significant impact on the Business Architecture fields
- Eight recommendations from colleagues in the field. Three of these recommendations must be from BACOE Members
- Valid for up to five years from the completion of the fifth Business Architecture Development
The actual scope of each Business Architecture effort is normally agreed to by the potential member and BACOE prior to or during (less desirable approach) the development period.
In meeting the requirements for professional experience, educational experience can be credited as follows:
- 1 year if the candidate holds a baccalaureate degree
- 2 years if the candidate holds a masters degree or higher
The progression from one membership grade to the next is not compulsory.
Written recommendations for Senior, Distinguished, and Fellow Business Architects require that the recommender attest that:
- They know the Business Architect, and their work
- The Business Architect has accurately described their achievements
- The accomplishments outlined meet the Business Architect best understanding of the criteria for Senior, Distinguished, or Fellow Business Architect.
All Members will receive a certificate, lapel pin, and a membership card, colored to denote the appropriate classification, and noting the expiration date of the classification certification.If desired, a Member may request their name, classification level, and expiration date of the classification be posted on our web site.
Members will have access to a secured area of our website.